Tuesday, March 13, 2012

AGH!!

Should be "Out Sick this Week"
I'm not going to do my usual Monday post, where I list what I have going for training this week and what I did last week.

I have been sick for a WEEK with an upper respiratory infection. I'm 99% sure it is/was viral.I'm never sure when to work out and when not to when I'm sick. Is it better to rest or sweat it out? This last sickness I mostly felt fine, energetically that is. But breathing was the main issue. I did most of my runs but shorter. Friday was 4 miles instead of 5. Saturday was 8 miles instead of 12, on the treadmill. I tried running outside and the cold air was too much! And the 4 I was supposed to run yesterday never happened. But that's all I did. No swimming. No biking. No weight training.

I'm hoping to get back to my normal training tomorrow with a 4 mile easy run. Should be hills but I don't want to push it.

Here is a good article and a rule of thumb for running when sick.Should you run?

No comments: