Thursday, January 3, 2013

Promises in the Dark

"Never again, isn't that what you said?
You've been through this before
An' you swore this time you'd think with your head
No one, would ever have you again
And if takin' was gonna get done
You'd decide where and when
Just when you think you got it down
Your heart securely tied and bound
They whisper, Promises In The Dark."

Really this post is unrelated to Pat Benatar's song. I did however, make promises to myself in the dark last night and then broke them in the morning.

I promised I would run when I got up. I even laid out my running clothes. When my alarm sounded I was too warm and cozy under the covers to get out. Running on the treadmill in my cold, unorganized, half painted basement did not feel appealing. I promised myself I'd run Friday and then Sunday. But, again, those were promises made in the dark. 

No comments: