Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Productive but not in the "Beast Way" Weekend

Much farther along, almost ready for paint!
This past weekend I worked muscles I haven't worked in a long time. I did things that I've never done before. Each night after a long day of "work" I laid in bed and thought, "This is the best bed in the whole wide world!" I am still sore today from things I did on Saturday. And none of this includes running, crossfit or training for some far away race.

I BUILT A WALL, Y'ALL!!!

Or, my dad built the wall and held things up for him and handed him tools. We've discovered that I am great at driving nails on the ground but not so much while standing up.... or over head. I also suck at hanging drywall. It's a good thing my dad helped me with this project, cause if I did it myself there would be a ton of gaps, "Eh, it's good enough. This is a basement."  All in all it was fun to build something with my dad and spend some time with him. And I'm not going to lie, it was pretty great to increase the value of my house. I learned a lot in case I ever have to do this again. Which, will probably be in a couple of years when I get money together to finish the upstairs.


My dad also taught me a bar trick this past weekend. He says it's a great way to get free drinks. Awesome! I can't rely on my stunning good looks forever!

I did not make it to Crossfit Monday. Way to sore and I knew I would need the use of my arms for the basement. I did get a 3 mile run with hills in on Sunday, though.

No comments: