Monday, December 5, 2011

Whiners are Wieners Weekend

Anne Taintor
When I went to bed on Thursday night I had two dates for the weekend. Saturday coffee and cheesecake with Jamal (not ethnic just name I picked) and Sunday run with Calvin. When I got home from work I had three and I finished the weekend back at two. But not the original two.

I got up late on Friday and decided to do my workout in the evening after work. It seems to be a pattern for me this winter. I'm having trouble running/weight training in the morning. Maybe it's just that I'm to cozy in my bed and the damp cold basement does not draw me in. Whatever the reason I came home Friday with the intentions to workout, shower, and vege. Halfway through my workout I decided if I was going to vege let's vege with someone. SO, I texted Stan. I'm not sure if I've introduced Stan here yet or not. I could go back and reread my posts but I don't have time. Stan and I met while Fishing in June/July. Cute, same politics, views on children and marriage, and religion. He's had a rough life but I enjoy being around him and I can only assume vice versa. We dated for about a month and each date had to be the longest I've ever spent with some one that I was just starting to know. He got confusing at one point and I cornered him and we had a very frank discussion on "US". It boils down to "It's not you, it's me." Um, sure, we know that line. But, since he still contacts me and we still talk and do things together and I've learned more about him it really is him. He's changing careers, is back in school, and is still sleeping with his ex after 6 years. Yes, it is completely him. He came over Friday when I was done working out and we veged and talked more about us. Basically, he needs to stop sleeping with his ex. He knows this. He also thinks he needs to have a rebound before he dates me. It's been 6 years!! Life was your rebound! We left it as casual dating each other while still dating others.

Saturday I did a nice 4 mile treadmill run. I never thought I would be able to but Paul suggested putting my laptop in front of it and watching DVDs. I am currently making my way through Boston Legal. LOVE IT!!

My date Saturday with Jamal was the longest 1.5 hours I have ever been through. I met him also Fishing. He hit me up and we went back and forth for about a week. He sent me his number on a Monday and I texted on a Wednesday. This is important because the Tuesday between I got an email from him asking why I hadn't contacted him. If he had somehow offended me. Um, no. I left your number at work on Monday and was sick on Tuesday. Seems a little insecure but I let it go. We texted a bit and he had a needy feel. I again let it go.  When we finally met up at The Cheesecake Factory of coffee and cheesecake(YUM) he showed up with a rose. Now in the past I suppose it was customary to give your date a gift. I don't feel it is anymore. The guys that have brought me gifts on first dates don't have any better survival stats then guys who don't. I kind of find it a turn off, a bit of trying to hard and it brings back memories of "Possibly Gay Jerry." He was cute, however a little on the thin side for me. Runs, but not much. Likes to camp and hike, a negative. He's also very clearly not past his most recent break up from 8 months ago. Seems a bit depressed or is just a downer. But the worst of all is that he reminds me of a very close friend of mine. In certain aspects of looks and they have the same mannerisms. Talk the same. And now that I see it, I'm not sure I can un see it. I will forever think "my god, this is what dating so and so would be like." The seal on his coffin was this text after he got home,

I said yes but if you have to ask, then no. At the time I was thinking it's first date, not every one's good on first dates. But in retrospect, I'm not sure I can endure another one. He was boring! And I'm not one to give constant reassurance.

Sunday, was to include an afternoon run with Calvin, a 42 yo divorced professional with one son. I find him very attractive, a silver fox if you will. He's done a lot of marathons, Boston twice, 2 Ironman's  and a 50 mile ultra. Basically, he's my running hero. The run got changed to lunch due to weather and I was happy about it. As previously expressed, I'm terrible at running 2 days in a row. But when Sunday dawned his FB status indicated another wrench in the plans. I don't know what happened but basically his life blew to hell and he can't handle a lunch. Probably best, since I can't handle a 3rd day in a row of someone bitching to me about their life. As my old vollyball coach would say, "SUCK IT UP!"

No comments: