Friday, August 31, 2012

Comfort Zone

Last night, or Wednesday depending on when you're reading this, I went way out of my comfort zone. I went to a STIR event. Match, one of the singles sites I'm on, has started doing these STIR events here in Cleveland. Apparently, they've done them in other cities prior to this but have just now started them here. It sounds like a great idea. Three weeks before you have to go! Not so much the day of.


Picture it....A sunny week in Cleveland. You've been working HARD in the lab almost everyday for the past 2 weeks. You've been up early everyday to train. And today is no exception. After swimming for 40 minutes and working 8 hours, the last thing I want to do is go be social. I really just wanted my pjs and a bit of whiskey. But, I forced myself to go. I was encouraged by others, ah hem mom, to go. And I did. And I think I looked damn good and was pretty social for walking into a bar with no one next to me and no one that I knew there.

Honestly, it was a bit petrifying. I went straight to the bar for a 7&7 and immediately struck up a convo with the nice, somewhat attractive older guy next to me. He of course bought me my drink. I talked to a couple of guys there. Only one was remotely datable for me. The others were interesting to talk to and one sounds like he'd be a hoot and a holler but not my type. He did give me his number just in case I feel like getting a beer and people watching. At the end of the evening I ended up talking to and having a drink with the bar guy again. It was a nice conversation and he ended up asking for my number. We'll see if he calls.

I'll probably go again.

Oh! And as I walked out of HoB Euclid Ave was a sea of sailors. HELLOOOOO BOYS!!! I flirted it up a bit with one group for fun. It was quite the ego boost!


.

No comments: