Monday, June 25, 2012

Out of the Valley

Down a little bit more!
My workout schedule has firmed up a bit. I run Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings with Saturday being my long run. I do a bike ride Sunday, Monday and Wednesday evenings with Sunday being a long ride. I then fill in swim laps after work depending on weather. Marathon training starts in a week or two and my legs need to get with the program. I'm still not sure what is going on with them. They feel very fatigued after a mile or two. Saturdays long run was 3 miles, not the long run I was expecting. I'm hoping to build it up, though.

On the brightside, I did a 31 mile bike ride Sunday. I got up relatively early and headed out towards the Chagrin Valley and rode through Chagrin Falls. CF is a beautiful town and if I get hitched and pop out a kid I think that's where I'd move. The last time I rode into the valley I had to walk myself out! The incline out of that place is insane! It's a 200 foot change over a little more than a half mile. This time I rode the whole way out. I did stop 3xs to give my legs a breather but there was no walking. I will forever judge my fitness on that incline!


This was what I came home to after my ride!
I just got my 2 week notice on the Muncie 1/2 Iron Man. I'm not competing but volunteering. I figured it would be a great way to see how the race works and get some tips for the Poconos. Plus, I volunteered for body marking! I have to be there super early but I get to mark hot athletic men! Or, that's what I'm hoping for. I'll probably get stuck with all girls!

No comments: