Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Be Very Brave Day 1

Day one weight
I'm going to do something that I have never done before. I'm going to post my weight, percent body fat, and percent water (not sure why water). I would love to drop 20 pounds by the Iron Man (ultimately, 50). I'll be faster. Recover quicker. And, look better in pics and my wetsuit! This goal is hard on it's own and I think being responsible to the internet will make me work harder. Although, that wasn't so true for the last marathon, so, we'll see.







Day one % water
I purchased my first scale last night. I've always gone on fit of clothes or by the doctor's scale. It's a Taylor scale that will store user info, age, height, male/female. It also has a setting for Normal or Athlete. They define an athlete as someone who works out 3 times a week for 2 hours at a time. Now, that's a total of 6 hours a week. I work out for 6 hours a week but over 4-6 days. Am I an athlete? I said yes and set it to Athlete. I'm not really sure how this will change my readings.

Day one % body fat
This idea inspired by Ben Does Life. He does a weigh a day. Not sure I'm going to do that. Maybe, I'll just put a little widget on here that'll keep track of it.

According to Wikipedia I should be in the 20-29% range. Um, I've got some work to do!


No comments: