Thursday, September 12, 2013

Shameless

My appointment with my ENT was yesterday. It went swimmingly! Both he and his Dr. Sidekick were personable, listened to me, and talked to me as an equal. All things I like in my doctors. It didn't hurt that they were also attractive. Dr. Sidekick especially. At what age is it ok to shamelessly flirt with your doctors? I can totally see me saying, "Oh, your hot. Maybe you should come be my home nurse," or something along those lines while under the anesthesia. When I was discussing my snoring and crap in my tonsils with him I wanted to say, "You know..... I'm single and this really puts a cramp in my dating. If you take them out then YOU are pretty much guaranteed a quiet nights sleep." But I didn't. Don't worry, I have plenty of time to make a display of my attraction. I have to go in 2 more times, not including for surgery, where I will definitely make my intentions known!

I AM worried about the after care. My sister has volunteered to come help Monday and Tuesday. But, the last time she "took care of me" she let me fall face first into a row of theater seats. IT WAS DAMN FUNNY, though. She just stood there with a look of panic on her face and said, "it all happened so fast!" My mom has already said she's coming for the day of surgery and maybe the day after. But, she still works and can't take too much time off. My father on the other hand, is retired and as surgery will be in November, not playing golf. I will say this. My father is loving and great as............say a handy man, coach, drinking buddy, cat/dog sitter, computer repairer, milk tester, weird noise investigator, car fixer, dad. But he is LOUSY as a nurse. When I was in a wheel chair he was pretty good for a day or two, after that I had to get my own water and JUST
SUCK IT UP! That is actually a philosophy I do adhere to but there is only so much one can suck up and I fear the first 3-4 days is gonna be rough.


No comments: