Monday, April 30, 2012

S.O.S.

It should come as no surprise to anyone that I did not do my 20 mile run this past weekend. It all boils down to excuses and I really shouldn't let them get in my way. But, when they all conspire together and hit me at the same time it's difficult to trudge on.

Saturday dawned cold and cloudy with a chance of rain. I also awoke with cramps and the desire to do absolutely NOTHING!!! I actually did make an effort. I got my running clothes on and headed out the door. For half a block. I will run for 5-8 miles in 17degree sunny/snowy weather. I will run for 20miles in 60-70degree weather in the dark at 5am. I apparently will not run 20miles at 10am in 37degree crappy weather.

 Lesson learned.  No spring marathons. Unless I move. South. Always an option.
p.s. CLE full marathon is completely still possible. It will probably be a game day decision.
p.p.s. I LOVE my new Mizuno's. I've only done some short runs in them but they feel great!

No comments: