Monday, January 30, 2012

A New Season!!

A new running season has begun! I'm super excited for it and purchased a marathon training program from Runners World. I had first planned on starting it earlier in January but the plan ended two weeks before the actual  run. That was no good!

As you can see from the above pic you should always start in pencil. But once you have the details worked out you need to put it in pen. The program had me starting with a rest day on Mondays, a short run on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Saturdays with a long run on Sundays. After thinking about it I knew that would never work for me. I like having one weekend day of nothing and Sunday usually  works best. Not because "it's gods day," but simply because I am either recovering from Saturday or crazy lazy. Hence, the arrows in the pic. Always tailor a plan to your needs. But don't be sissy about it. On the other hand, don't be stupid and push to hard.

It looks like I only have one rest day, which is technically true. But, I'm counting the swim days as rest days. They are extremely easy and obviously low impact. I've also added in some weights that I didn't do last running season. I'm hoping to tone up my arms which I think are rather flabby but was told on a recent date are very defined (I'm trying to keep him around).

We can't forget the bike and right now I'm only going for time. Once I can take it off the trainer and get outside I'll have more distance oriented goals. I have to get up to 56 miles! I know I'm going to need a new saddle. The one that came on it is a bit uncomfortable.

YEAH!!! I love having a defined schedule!!!

No comments: