Wednesday, February 1, 2012

In My Head

Turtle, Chocolate pig, Chai
I have been on a cupcake binge. When I go to the West Side Market, absolute best place to shop, I get one new flavored cupcake for my Sunday morning coffee. I only ate one of the above cupcakes, the chai.* The other two were for a guy, Samson, that I've been talking to for about 3 weeks. Turtle was for him and the pig was for his 2 year old son.

We met while fishing and he messaged me. I had my doubts. He didn't have the look I'm attracted to but he was cute. He had a 2 year old son and was separated. He was, however, educated with a decent job and owned a house. Established (even though he was younger)! I didn't have much on my plate and the guy I was currently talking to was rather annoying, uneducated, and very country.

We've gone out twice. The first was just for drinks at a bar close to his work and my house. The atmosphere was relaxed and fun. Conversation flowed and it was easy to talk to him. We had two drinks and after about 2 hours we hugged it out and went our separate ways. I quickly received a text from him just continuing our convo from earlier and I indicated my enjoyment of the evening. The second date was this past Saturday. Samson wanted to see a movie and we settled on Sherlock Holmes with drinks and wings prior. Again convo was easy, fun and flirty. We did have a few serious talks, one on children. Not ours ours but in general. His opinion was that he had one that he basically took care of on his own and was thinking of a vasectomy. My opinion was that I wouldn't mind one and that his situation was difficult only because he was doing it on his own. After the movie I gave him the cupcakes for him and his son, we hugged it out and I got a kiss on the cheek and was told that he'd text Sunday.
note by a very insightful ex-roommate, now phone background.

We have texted everyday since first exchanging phone numbers. The majority of those texts were at least 2 hours in length, fun and flirty. One even said I was 10x hotter in person then in my pics. However, he did not text Sunday and when I texted him it felt a bit off. We both said we had a fun time on Saturday. But, it's felt a bit off ever since. I know it's only Wednesday but Mondays convo was strained and felt a little flat. Nothing happened on Tuesday. I was busy and let's face it I was waiting to see if he would make a move. I know he's got big changes this week, his divorce is final either this Friday or the coming Monday. I have to go out of town this weekend but should be back by Sunday afternoon. My plan is to invite him to my house for dinner or just..... do something anything together. Since I like this one more then any of the others in the past I'm going to go strong on the game, I just need to get the third date. This all could be in my head and there really is no issue. I do get very analytical when it comes to things like this. But, if there is an issue I don't see it. Everything until now has indicated attraction between the two of us.
*The chai was excellent, I've only had two bad cupcakes, mint and buckeye. And bad is relative, I still ate the whole thing!

No comments: