Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sort of My Typical SUNDAY!!!!

Wheat Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
Sunday's are usually my rest days. And by rest I mean no physical activity. I still do things around the house but it's the only day in 7 that I don't train. Today was a bit different. Yesterday, I ran 7 miles with 3 of them at race pace, 10:18, on the treadmill. AND, I hurt my calf. It still hurt this morning even after compression socks and ice, so I did some yoga to stretch it out. It feels a little better but still sore.

I also always have a cupcake with my coffee on Sunday. Not today. Instead I made whole wheat banana oatmeal pancakes with strawberry and blueberry topping. I almost never have pancakes. It's always eggs and bacon. But since I couldn't have a cupcake....

Broccoli Sausage egg muffins
I also do all my cooking for the week on Sunday. This way, I never have to cook before or after work. I can finish training and just heat up my breakfast. And, I can prepack my lunches. It saves a lot of time later in the week. This weeks meals consist of Broccoli Sausage Egg Muffins, Chicken Crescent Roll Casserole, and Chicken Gyros.
I did all my cooking while listening to the Doors! A band I was reminded of while watching Re:Generation Music Project with Douglas on Thursday.A new to you guy. I'll talk more about him later. The movie was amazing. It followed 5 musicians, Skrillex, City Lights, Crystal Method, Mark Ronson, and some hip hop DJ as they reconfigured 5 genres, rock, country, funk, jazz, and classical. A great movie!
Chicken Crescent Roll Casserole

No comments: