Monday, November 21, 2011

Foray into Football

This past weekend I got called up to play touch football with a ragtag team for the annual Cleveland Plays Turkey Bowl.The rules are that you have to have at least 3 out of 8 plays on the field be female. Every 3rd play has to involve a girl. There's no tackling, which I was upset and happy about all at once. And it's two hand touch, which was lost on me until about my fourth "tackle".

The games started at 8am and was about 30 mins from my house. I was asked to come a little early so that the "coach" could explain the rules to me. I dutifully showed up at 7:45, found my team and was handed a beer instead of a rule book. I like this team already! There was a total of 5 girls on the team and I was the only new-new player. Everyone had either played together or played on opposing teams but they all knew each other. No matter, they were all welcoming and the beer helped. As this is a dating site I will inform you that yes, several of the guys were cute, one was exceptionally hot but every time he talked I just wanted to hush him. I'm hoping the intelligence level was just hampered by what I heard was a pretty fun Friday night. But still, I wouldn't kick him out of bed.

Any hoodle, we played 4 games and scored 2 touchdowns. One by yours truly! I got swung around in the air by the hottie for that! High light of my weekend. You can probably figure out that we lost all 4 games and had a pretty poor showing. I would like to point out that most of the teams we went up against had to have little brothers/sisters of Browns players on them! Some of the guys and girls were huge! Scary!! It was a freezing cold day and one team was in cut out shirts.

Several bruises later and I was home by 6. It was a very long day and I think I passed out by 10. I was sore and achy when I woke on Sunday and consequently didn't do anything productive but clean my bathroom. That includes running. I did get up and do a short mile run this morning, which is better then the nothing I did last Monday.

No comments: