Friday, March 30, 2012

Banana Chocolate Chip Cupcakes (Muffins?)

When I was younger my mom made these AMAZING banana cookies. She would sometimes frost them with butter cream and sometimes not. You really didn't need the frosting, the cookies were great on their own. I've since made them my self and realized that even though there was banana in them and they sound healthy, they really weren't. There was a whole stick or two of Crisco! But I still crave those cookies! I've developed a better and healthier recipe......
Mix the following,
-3/4 cup flour
-3/4 cup whole wheat flour (you can make this with all whole wheat, it's just a bit dense)
-3/4 cup sugar
-1t baking powder
-1/2t baking soda
-1/4t salt
-3tbs ground flax

In a separate bowl mix
-1/2 cup melted butter
-3-4 smashed ripe bananas
-2 large eggs
-splash of vanilla extract

Combine the two bowls till sufficiently mixed and add 1/4-1/2 cup dark chocolate chips. The amount of chocolate depends on you. I made mini-muffins and baked them at 350 degrees for 9-11 minutes in a greased pan. You can get away from the cooking spray if you use mini-muffin liners. I just didn't have any.


This recipe made about 40 mini-muffins. Calories per muffin was about 70.

No comments: