Monday, March 19, 2012

Review week 7, Upcoming Week 8

Week 8, the time trial is out and did Tuesdays 4 today.


Not me but you get the idea of whats going on on my back/butt!
 I did all my runs except one last week but had to shorten my long run from 15 to 11miles. It was still difficult and I think my endurance took a hit from the cold. The weather has been really nice lately and I've been able to run outside in the mornings with a skirt and either a tank or long sleeved running shirt. Saturday was my first long run in a skirt this season and I expeinced instant chafing! I'm not sure if it was from a lack of adequate Glide sticking or the fact that my water bottle leaked profusely down my butt and legs. Needless to say, I also have chafing along my lower back upper butt area from the rubbing of the hydration pack. It's never happened before, so I'm leaning to it being caused by the leaked water. The leak also hindered my long run in that I only had 3 inches of water instead of the presumed full bottle. I drank a large glass of water and a Sprite zero when I got home (which is NEVER allowed).


My waist hydration pack, except mine is gray and bright green/yellow. Ok, and slightly different but you get the idea.

This weeks long run is supposed to be a fall back to 12 miles with next Saturday at 16. I'm going to try get 13-14 miles in. It might be difficult since I'll be in CINCINNATI for a BFF wedding. I don't have roll call till 2pm so I'm extremely hopeful. Just have to keep Fridays drinking to a minimum!

No comments: