Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Recap

Let's just recap my weekend.

I had 18 miles on the books for Saturday. I woke up rather early and headed out for my run. Initially, I was going to do a 9 mile out and back. But, it got hot! I ended up doing a 6 mile out and back for a total of 12 miles outside. Then I hopped on the treadmill for another 5 miles. Or that was the plan. I called it quits after 2 miles. I hate treadmill running if I can run out side. I gave up at 14 miles and headed to the pool to be lazy on my holiday weekend. At about 5pm I felt I was lazy enough and was feeling REALLY guilty about not completing my run. So, I laced up again (this time in my Mizunos) and headed out for 3 more miles. I have to say those were the fastest 3 miles I have ever run in training. I think I averaged around 10:20 or less. I then went back to the pool to be lazy some more.

Sunday, I went for a 30 mile bike ride. It was uneventful, other than I wanted more miles. I still have yet to do 50-60. The closest I've come is 40 miles back in July. I'm not sure I've prepped enough for the Pocono's.

Today, Wednesday, I ran a quick 3 miles again. I wanted to do a negative split out and back. My first mile was my normal training pace of 11:20. second mile was around 11. And I finished up the last mile at 10:20. It seemed rather easy. I think my Mizunos are the key. I have yet to try them on a long run as they are a little flatter and less cushioned than my Kayanos. I also did a 1.3 mile swim this morning in under an hour!


I also, had a date over the past weekend. It was awkward to say the least and that's comparing it to all the other first dates! By the end it was not so bad but not the best 1st date I've had. I'm still going to give it a go with a second date if the opportunity arises. He is cute.

No comments: