Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Review Week 10, Upcoming Week 11

Week 11
I have been remiss. I know. I said I would get back on the horse and bang out these runs, rides and swims. And for the most part I have with the runs. Last week I did all the weekday runs. Including the Yasso 800s. And I did my Friday run as I was supposed to. But Saturday dawned a bit chilly and I got up a bit later then usual. I put on my tights, Glided up, and laced my shoes. I headed out for my 18 mile run. I only did 1.5 miles you guys. It just didn't feel right. My legs felt like they were dragging. I couldn't catch my breath. I didn't want to spend 3.5 hours running. So, I gave up. I WALKED back to my house. WALKED, y'all! I could have pushed myself to do it. I wouldn't have loved it and it's possible I might have gotten injured. Sometimes, you just need to skip the run to appreciate the next. And that's what I did. Mondays run was AWESOME. I shaved a minute off my training pace and still felt great.
I think the answer to my tired legs lies in the Friday run. Last year while training for Detroit I ran Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I've decided to tweak my schedule and do short runs Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Saturday will still be my long run. I'm giving it a try this week and we'll see how it goes. I'm also adding a bike and swim day back in.

No comments: