Tuesday, December 27, 2011

MIA

Sorry, I've been a little MIA lately. With the holidays I've been spending a lot of time with friends and family. Therefore, dating has really been at a standstill. And, honestly, I wouldn't want to start anything before the new year. The pressures are to great. Do you buy them a gift? A card? Do you spend NYE with them even though you've only gone out once or twice? It's just fraught with land mines.

I am working on some new leads though. I woke up to an email from the matchmaker asking if I'd like to meet a 41yo engineer named Roger. Sure, why not. I'm down for drinks on a Friday. And I've gotten some texts from a couple of flames I'd written off. One of which I'd planed on contacting after New Years in the hopes that his life had calmed down. It seems to have. 

Running has hit a low again. I can only assume it's because I am so out of my normal schedule that my body is just not cooperating. I'm hoping to go for a long run tomorrow and then get a massage. My hopes are at a 50% right now. I went out yesterday for a good run and ended up doing a terrible 2.5 miles. But the new year is coming and I'll pull this around in the end. I have to. I already signed up for a full in May!

No comments: