Tuesday, January 8, 2013

New Year

I know the new year is 7 days old but yesterday felt like my NEW YEAR. Several things happened....

dinner for the week
1) I started a 30 Day Paleo Challenge with my crossfit gym. Basically, we need to log our food everyday on Wodify and the trainers monitor it. If you adhere to the rules you get 20pts. You get 20pts for a crossfit workout. You lose 20pts for each meal you cheat. The food rules are no dairy, no legumes, no alcohol (except one glass of red wine), no bread, no sugar (including honey). It's kind of like Atkins but cleaner. The point system comes in because there will be a winner, who gets $100. At the start they take %bf, BMI, and weight, along with a bench mark WOD (15min AMRAP 50 burpees, 50 kbs, 50 wall balls, 50 pullups, I got through 25 pullups and felt like I was going to puke!). All that is repeated at the end and somehow scored. If this works out well for me, I may make it a lifestyle change. As it is, I hope it just cures my 1.5 year sugar addiction, ahem cupcakes.

2) I've written out a new workout plan that I started Monday also. Crossfit Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings followed by swimming. Running Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday mornings. And if I'm up for it indoor biking in the evenings on Tuesday and Thursday. I've made this plan before but I'm really going to try to stick to it now.

3) I got offered a new job!! I've been waiting all through Christmas and NYE to learn if I had it or not. It's kind of a lateral move for now but I hope it will be a step up in the future. I start in 2 weeks provided all the paper work goes smoothly. When I told my mom she wanted to know what I was going to do to celebrate. Normally, I would get a shake or a cupcake. Instead, I went home and was lazy for the night. Perhaps, I'll celebrate when my dad comes out in a couple of weeks. Beer, chicken wings, and a chocolate shake seem worth a loss of 20pts.

No comments: