Friday, October 11, 2013

MOI?

So the old new guy will soon be the old guy. He doesn't know it yet but I just don't feel any attraction to him. It could be the way he bobs his head, the fact that he repeats everything I say, that he drives like a grandma with cataracts, or that he reminds me of Chris Farley, a person whose films I have never enjoyed watching. I do feel really bad about this. He came to my race this past Sunday! And brought me flowers! He is nice but I have no desire to go out with him again, let alone kiss him. (This post was originally written on Monday, I ended it with him on Tuesday.)

I have however, gone out on two dates with Hot Dan! And there is chemistry here, boys and girls. It might help that he in fact is hot. Don't get me wrong, the guy is also super sweet. He is a union carpenter/personal trainer. He was into MMA and now just works out. Doesn't run much but says if I'm willing to run with him he'll take it up. He is not into politics but as my mother pointed out, that might not be a bad thing. I can mold him! The only real hitch I have is that he seems to drink a bit much. And he realizes it. He says he's going to cut back, "because you deserve better." Also, according to him, I am intimidating. I found that to be a shock. I don't think of myself as that. Yes, I know what I want and I go after it. Yes, I am educated. But I think I'm fairly nice.
In fairness I have no idea what he had before. It could have been nothing.

 Anywhoodle, third date is this Saturday and he wants to make me "dinner and cuddle." And, I don't think that is a euphemism.

No comments: