Wednesday, August 19, 2015

TRUTH

I can't tell you how many times this has been said to me.
And how many times I just want scream at the person saying it. 
Last months Runners World has an article, Ultra, that hits home in every way. I found myself wanting to highlight paragraphs for later. Wanting to cut out sections and frame them for daily affirmations. Everything this woman says speaks to me and my life.

The gist of the article is this, can you be fit and still be fat? The article follows an obese woman who runs ultras. She may not come in first but she also doesn't come in last. As I was reading it I wished that I had a highlighter with me. It is one of only a handful of RW articles that I have read multiple times.

I'm just going to leave it here with a few clips.

On a side not: I was talking with my nutritionist (did I tell you I have one now?) and she asked about my activity. I said I was getting back into the swing of my old 2years ago routine but running was still in issue. I wasn't running any long distances, you know just 4 miles. She side eyed me and said 4 miles is a long distance. Which I suppose is true but I'd like to get back to easy 10s.









No comments: